Thread: Help Meeee

BigBear

Help Meeee

Hello all

Ive signed up to this forum in the hope that somebody will be able to help me.
    Aroud 10 years ago I herd a piece of music on an advert of British Telecom (or possibly Orange or another phone company) that I cant get out of my head. Ive tried Youtube and google and all the rest but ive had no help. I don't know the name of the tune or the composer so im gunna have to explain the song the best I can.
    oh and it was on a program on Channel 5 about UFOs

Ok please be patient folks
    the main body of the tune goes like this (literally) DO DO DO DO DOOO (sort of mellow numbed piano sound quite low) and then after that there is 2 sort of distant sounds that are kinda similar to phone tones. The first is flat then on the second one the sound goes up an octave. This repeats a few times.
    for some reason Global Communication springs to mind but Im sure its not them.

Im sorry for the lack of info to help but that's all I can remember and Its been going around my brain for aeons now.
    If any of you seasoned Ambient listeners can help it would mean so much to me.

Thanks ladies and gents.

Do you remember what happened in the commercial? Anything that would make the commercial itself recognizable?
    -Boarderlands

Forum Moderator

Got any questions? send me a message

BigBear
    Sorry I really cant remember and that's the most annoying part = no references ....

That makes it kind of difficult to narrow down or search for commercials with that specific content... have you tried singing it or humming it into the soundhound app? it's worked many times for me
    -Boarderlands

Forum Moderator

Got any questions? send me a message

Today is going to be a good day Will's Avatar
    The description of the tune does ring some vague bell when you mentioned the phone bit. I honestly couldn't tell you any more then that, but I don't know. Have you considered recording yourself humming the tune?

Our hit rate on this part of the forum has been awful, would be nice to get at least one.
    Forum Admin Will

Feel free to contact me or PM me about anything.
    Remember - If you want your music reviewed, please return the favour and review other people's work.
    AMF - SoundCloud Group