Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the site!

Hi all.

I really like ambient music, but rarely find many other people who are into the same kinds of stuff.

My favourite ambient artist of all time is A Winged Victory for the Sullen, but I'm also a fan of Tim Hecker, Christina Vantzou and William Basinski.

I'm also a fan of drone, such as The end of the world championship, Aires, Aeronaut, Stephan Mathieu, Sunn O))), Boris, Ian William Craig, Stars of the Lid (obviously), Hoedh, etc

Metal is what I was raised on and is still a big favourite too, a plethora of artists, too many to name here. I ended up finding ambient from The Gathering and their Slowdive and Dead Can Dance covers, exploring shoegaze and ambient and arriving at Lovesliescrushing which really turned me onto this kind of music, as well as shoegaze such as MBV, Cocteau Twins, Slowdive and All Natural Lemon and Lime Flavors.

Ambient and Drone isn't always the easiest type of music to come by, so any recommendations are always appreciated.

Hi! My name is Hortencia and I am new here, too. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I love music and hope that we can all get along.
    I love playing this game

welcome !
    -Boarderlands

Forum Moderator

Got any questions? send me a message