Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ambient Music Festivals

Hello! Me and some friends are planning to start a new thing in Trondheim, Norway.
    It will be a festival that goes on for 3 days (in the beginning), where we will gather ambience/electronic/experimental artists to play. We are all event managers as a hobby, we have worked with for example the crew behind the Pstereo festival in trondheim, The UKM festival (Which in english would be something like; Youth culture exhibition), Bandkrieg, Sjokkfestivalen (Shockfestival), Nattrock (Nightrock), ya festival, and Slottsfjell festival. We hope that we will become big some day, and that we will be able to attrackt a large crowd, good artists, and open peoples eyes for the wonderful music. We hope that the "Filter festival" will become the real deal, and that maybe some of you guys could come and play! Anyone up for it? any thoughts around this? tips and feedback would be great!

-Boarderlands

icvicvicvicvi
    Ambicon 2013 is happening in May. http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/281607 I guess it's more of a conference than a festival, celebrating the 40th anniversary of Hearts of Space, which was one of the first -- probably the first -- ambient/new-age/beautiful-music/space-music radio stations to grace the airwaves. It's mostly pretty space musicky stuff nowadays, if you're into that corner of the ambient world.

Polestar
    The Montreal Mutek Festival is not strictly ambient but often has ambient musicians performing.

Seems like there is also some satellite Mutek events in south america and Spain.

Here's a video of Biosphere/Lustmord show last year...
    http://vimeo.com/45403586

http://www.mutek.org

earthportal
    Hey everyone, I am new to the boards. I am really interested in taking my ambient show to some festivals, so I was really interested in this topic to see what kind of festivals are out there or being put together. Any advice for getting started in terms of finding places to try and get booked?

Today is going to be a good day Will's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by earthportal View Post
    Hey everyone, I am new to the boards. I am really interested in taking my ambient show to some festivals, so I was really interested in this topic to see what kind of festivals are out there or being put together. Any advice for getting started in terms of finding places to try and get booked?
    Welcome EP,

Tell us more about your show, and we may be able to help you.
    Forum Admin Will

Feel free to contact me or PM me about anything.
    Remember - If you want your music reviewed, please return the favour and review other people's work.
    AMF - SoundCloud Group

jaymin
    i love ambient music festival.If such a place existed, I would so go there.
    I've been thinking more and more of the possibility of an Ambient Festival
    in Sydney City, where I live.it is great festival.

mattborghi
    Definitely count us in for anything put together in NYC... When Michael Teager and myself were just out east to play a Gathering and Star's End in Philly I searched high and low for something in any of the five boroughs, but I came up empty handed... You can hear our music and see our EPK of sorts here: www.borghi-teager.com - This could be excellent!