Giants practice report http://www.authenticsnewyorkgiants.c...goodson-jersey , My name is Jeremy Reisman and Im the managing editor over at Pride of Detroit, the SB Nation blog for the Detroit Lions. Im here at the request of your glorious leader Ed Valentine to bring you personal observations from Tuesdays joint practices between the Lions and Giants. While Im sure many of you know the Giants a little better than I do, I think Ill be able to put the Giants performance into context in a unique way, considering I know a lot about the players theyre going against. With that in mind, and a little guidance as to what may interest you, here are some observations from Tuesdays practice about the Giants, but from a Lions point of view.Slay vs. BeckhamLets be honest, you were going to skip to this section first, so I may as well lead with it. Weve seen Odell Beckham Jr. and Darius Slay face off twice before, but both matchups underwhelmed. In the first, Slay left the game in the first half with an injury. In the second, Beckham was coming off an injury of his own and didnt quite look like himself.Tuesday, both looked full speed, and I must admit http://www.authenticsnewyorkgiants.c...ry-wynn-jersey , Beckham got the better of Slay. The 2017 Pro Bowl cornerback has looked unbeatable in all of training camp, but its clear he hasnt been lined up against anyone the likes of Beckham. Odell wasnt completely dominant, but he consistently had a step on Slay and Eli Manning was able to find him more often than not.Also, during individual drills Beckham roasted rookie undrafted free agent Chris Jones for a bomb, which isnt a nice thing to do to a guy with no chance of making the team.Kyle Lauletta getting the rookie treatmentI heard yall have a backup quarterback battle brewing, and nothing grabs more headlines than a backup QB battle.Well, on Tuesday, it didnt look like much of a battle. Its not that Kyle Lauletta looked badhe didnt. Its that the Giants barely gave him a shot. During one-one-one drills, Lauletta was busy checking down to running backs against linebackers, while Eli and Davis Webb were throwing bombs to the wide receivers vs. corners.And when it came to full 11-on-11 drills, I could count the amount of reps for Lauletta on two hands. Toward the end of practice, each team (first, second, and third) got a single drive against the opposing defense. Lauletta didnt even get a full drive. He split it with Alex Tanney.As for Webb, he had a very inconsistent day. He threw a couple deep dimes during the one-on-ones http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com...rnandez-jersey , but when it came to the full 11-on-11s, he looked much more uncomfortable. He sailed a handful of passes Tuesday, and when the Lions came with an A-gap blitz, you could see the panic in Webb, as he sailed a pass well over the receivers head and was nearly intercepted.Its hard for me to give an honest review of Lauletta at this point in considering the very limited sample size, but its clear to me the Giants coaching staff isnt ready to hand the fourth-round rookie too many responsibilities at this point.Saquon looks fineIm no doctor, but I wouldnt expect Saquon Barkley to miss any time once the regular season rolls around. Though he obviously didnt practice on Tuesday, he did just about everything else the coaches would let him. He was even sporting pants and a helmetmissing only the shoulder pads.You can see above, he went through the motions of position drills early in the day before taking the rest of practice off.Overall thoughtsWhile Im not going to sit here and tell you Team A was better than Team B, I will say that the Giants were able to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball when the first teams were facing off. Jonathan Stewart seemed to slip through considerably-sized holes on a fairly regular basis. While that isnt all that surprising from Detroits point of viewthe Lions front seven is the teams biggest weaknessits definitely good news for the Giants.When the Lions had the ball, the trenches were a little more evenly matched. Though the Lions running game continued to struggle, Matthew Stafford sat pretty comfortably in the pocket for much of the day. However, when it the second and third teams took the field, it was clear the Lions offensive line depth was no match for the Giants defensive line depth.However, the Lions skill position evened out the day. Marvin Jones Jr. and Kenny Golladay made some impressive catches over Eli Apple and Curtis Riley. Additionally http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com...jenkins-jersey , the Lions running backsspecifically Theo Riddick and rookie Kerryon Johnsonwere giving Giants linebackers fits in the passing game. To be fair, those guys have been embarrassing Lions linebackers all camp, too.As for Eli Manning, I came away more impressed than not. He has a pretty clear command of the offense and looked decisive and comfortable the entire day. Perhaps it was just the juxtaposition next to Webb, but there was a certain command to the offense when Manning was in that made the Giants look efficient. The same cant be said when Webb was i.However, Mannings day ended with a poor read on a two-minute drill, leading to an interception by Lions safety Glover Quin. Thats the Eli Manning I know.If you want my Lions observations from Tuesdays practice, head over to Pride of Detroit.Our thanks to Jeremy for the extra work he has done for us here. Hope you all appreciate it.Giants-Jaguars odds: Giants 3-point underdogs to Jacksonville in Week 1 Though the New York Giants boast a Super Bowl-winning quarterback in Eli Manning, field one of the NFLs best receivers in Odell Beckham, Jr. and have the highest-drafted running back of the 2018 rookie class in Saquon Barkley, Las Vegas doesnt think thats quite enough to defeat the Jacksonville Jaguars in the season opener on Sunday. As of now, the Giants are three point underdogs to the Jaguars according to SBNation and OddsShark.While the Jaguars have long struggled, they and the Giants essentially reversed roles in 2017. Jacksonville ended the year 10-6 and reached the AFC Championship game, with its Super Bowl hopes dashed by the New England Patriots. In contrast, the Giants went 3-13 http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com...i-apple-jersey , the season marred by Beckhams early-October season-ending ankle injury and a leaky defense.NFL.com analysts remain bullish on the Jaguars this year; of the 21 polled, 13 believe that Jacksonville will come out on top of the AFC South yet again. Meanwhile, the Giants received just two votes to be the NFC Easts leader for 2018 (the 19 remaining went to the reigning Super Bowl champs, the Philadelphia Eagles). Jacksonvilles defense hasnt changed much since the previous season, when it ranked second in both points and yards allowed, first in passing yards allowed and first in first-downs allowed. But the Giants do have the return of Beckham in their favor, the addition of Barkley to help bring the pressure off of Manning and the passing game and a (hopefully) improved offensive lineall factors that can inhibit Jacksonvilles defensive efficacy. Jacksonville, while in possession of a top-tier run game behind Leonard Fournette, also have myriad questions in its passing game, ranging from the talent level of quarterback Blake Bortles, who the MMQB.coms Andy Benoit reminds is not... a natural thrower, to the lack of key playmakers in the receiving and tight ends groups. Add in the defenses hidden weakness in run-stopping, and theres both a reason why the Jaguars are Vegas favorites and why its by a mere three points.