OAKLAND Authentic Marshall Newhouse Jersey , Calif. — Oakland Athletics fans will get a chance to see their new record-tying pitcher in person for the first time Saturday when right-hander Edwin Jackson takes the mound against the Cleveland Indians.

The 34-year-old Jackson (0-0, 1.50 ERA) made history Monday when he pitched a 5-4 win for the A’s at Detroit.

Oakland became Jackson’s 13th team in his 16-year career, allowing Jackson to tie a former member of the A’s, Octavio Dotel, for most major league franchises in a career.

Jackson did not get a decision in his A’s debut despite allowing just one run and six hits in six innings. He has, however, had a lot of success against the Indians in his career.

Jackson has pitched 15 times, 13 as a starter, against Cleveland in his career, going 9-1 with a 2.76 ERA.

The nine wins are the fifth-most for an active Indians opponent, trailing just Justin Verlander (20) and three players he can tie with a win Saturday — Zack Greinke (10) Authentic Marquis Haynes Jersey , David Price (10) and Rick Porcello (10).

The .900 winning percentage is the second-best among active pitchers with five or more career decisions against the Indians, trailing only another former A’s pitcher, Gio Gonzalez (6-0).

Jackson admitted thoroughly enjoying Monday’s comeback effort.

“It’s a lot of fun pitching in games like that, kind of the new guy and wanting to set a good first impression,” he said.

Jackson could have a similar feeling Saturday as it will be his first home game as a member of the A’s. He has pitched two previous games in Oakland, both as a visitor, going 1-0 with a 2.77 ERA.

The veteran will be backed by an A’s team that has won five in a row and 11 of its last 13. The A’s also won eight of their last nine against the Indians dating back to 2016.

Not surprisingly, given his 15 previous years in the majors, Jackson has a significant history against several members of the Indians, including Yonder Alonso, who has gone 7-for-16 (.438) with two doubles and two home runs against his fellow ex-San Diego Padre.

Alonso also is no stranger to Oakland Authentic Cordy Glenn Jersey , having represented the A’s in the 2017 All-Star Game, after hitting 22 home runs in 100 games, before getting dealt to the Seattle Mariners.

The 31-year-old credits A’s manager Bob Melvin for helping him get the three-year, $24 million contract he received from the Indians in free agency over the winter.

“It’s always nice to come back here,” Alonso said Friday. “They gave me a huge opportunity that I’m really thankful for.”

Cleveland will counter on the mound Saturday with rookie right-hander Adam Plutko (4-1, 4.65), who has never faced the A’s.

Like Jackson, Plutko is coming off a successful outing against Detroit, allowing two runs and six hits in six innings in a 12-2 win last Sunday.

He’ll find himself having to deal with one of the hottest hitters in all of baseball, Oakland second/third baseman Jed Lowrie, who contributed a home run to Friday’s 3-1 win in the series opener.

Lowrie has four singles Authentic Preston Brown Jersey , three doubles and three home runs in his last five games.

Panthers offensive coordinator Norv Turner has no plans to restrict Cam Newton’s ability to make plays with his feet. As for the quarterback’s throwing motion, well that might need a little tweaking.

The 65-year-old Turner said he returned to coaching because of an opportunity to work again with Panthers coach Ron Rivera – who was on his coaching staff for four seasons in San Diego – and to coach the talented group of offensive players led by Newton.

”He’s an amazing player for his position,” Turner said Tuesday on a conference call.

The versatile 6-foot-5, 245-pound Newton has carried the ball 828 times over the past seven seasons – by far the most in the league by a quarterback during that span. By comparison, Seattle’s Russell Wilson has run the ball 578 times during his six seasons in the league.

While it’s logical to question how much pounding Newton’s body can take – he turns 29 in May – it’s also hard to argue with his success.

He’s averaged 5.2 yards per carry and has scored 54 touchdowns rushing, which is the most by a QB in NFL history. And Newton tends to play better when he’s more involved in the running game.

”He’s a real threat to defenses,” Tuner said. ”So he will always have that threat to run.”

That should be music to Newton’s ears.

After Newton carried the ball a career-high 139 times last season and led the Panthers in rushing with 754 yards, he said ”that’s my edge.”

”I wouldn’t expect you or anybody else to take it away,” Newton said following Carolina’s season-ending playoff loss at New Orleans. ”And when I say you, I mean the media as a whole. I’m comfortable running the football, I feel like I help the team when I’m running the football Authentic Chad Thomas Jersey , and as long as I’m playing this game, I’m going to run the football.”

Turner suggested that he and his son Scott Turner, the team’s new quarterbacks coach, will look to improve Newton’s throwing mechanics.

Because he’s so big Newton has a tendency to rely on his strong arm and throw off his back foot, often resulting in high throws that lead to incompletions or interceptions. Turner said that while sometimes those types of throws are necessary under pressure, the staff ”is going to work hard to get his weight transferred and have good technique when he is throwing.”

Turner said the Panthers overall system won’t change much, although he wants to be able to stretch the field vertically to force defenses to cover the entire field.

He believes Newton has the arm strength to do that.

Turner said he had a brief conversation with Newton after being hired.

”We didn’t get into a lot of football,” Turner said. ”As he expressed to me – and I feel the same way – there is excitement and nervousness. When you have change there is nervousness. Sometimes that nervousness is good and it gets your attention. It’s not status quo and you use that as a time to improve.”