Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ambient music in computer games

SoundInTheMist
    This may get a few yawns, but this entire game speaks "ambient". The soundtrack is wonderful, Robyn Miller is a fantastic composer!

Today is going to be a good day Will's Avatar
    Yeah, all those Myst games have some wonderfully eerie music to them. You're right, they are one of things ambient music was made for.

This reminds me of another classic Amiga game Archipelagos, which has really dark and ominous music, but it was fantastic and I used to listen to it for hours. The music was almost singularly responsible for the dark and eerie feeling of the game, that and the Boreal Trees pumping blood out of the ground, yugh!

I hear they've remade this game for some phone as an app. I can't imagine it will be any near as good though, especially if it doesn't have the music.
    Forum Admin Will

Feel free to contact me or PM me about anything.
    Remember - If you want your music reviewed, please return the favour and review other people's work.
    AMF - SoundCloud Group

Just had to add this classic. This was easily one of my all time favourites from the Amiga era. I used to play this one over and over and over again.

Forum Admin Will

Remember - If you want your music reviewed, please return the favour and review other people's work.
    AMF - SoundCloud Group

complex
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonlifeform View Post
    The Silent Hill series have top notch ambient tracks by Akira Yamaoka. I recommend.
    Yes the tracks of Akira Yamaoka in The Silent Hill are great

In Half Life 2 Portal there are a ambient track that I like a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAgy1...FEAED132679C76

Found an awesome site a while back, this is a site for remixes of compositions from various Amiga games. Not strictly ambient, but it's too good not to mention. Enjoy!

http://www.amigaremix.com/
    Forum Admin Will

AMF - SoundCloud Group

I really like this tune, it's so simple but yet kind of dramatic!

I also like this tune pretty much

This is one of my favourite in-game tracks

And of all the amazing, hauntingly beautiful OST's in the game Mafia 2, this is probably my favourite
    -Boarderlands

Forum Moderator

Got any questions? send me a message

I like music from LOL, especially from this video where people discuss funny moments. Also there is a separate article lolepicshop.com/league-of-legends-jokes-puns/ regarding this topic. If someone is interested of course